Things you don’t disclose to a boy you like:
1) When he asks, “What is one thing that you would cry over if you lost it?” You respond, with no pondering necessary, “My flash drive.”
2) “I started keeping a list in my phone of all the books I’ve read since January 1st, 2011. It was over 100 books and I accidentally deleted it and almost cried.”
3) “This is what I looked like as a child. Yup, on the right.”
4) “I can’t go out to lunch, because I’m obsessive compulsive and I eat PB&J and a Greek yogurt every. single. day.”
5) When you ask what his favorite kind of cake is so you can make it for his birthday and he says carrot, “Oh good! I haven’t blogged that yet so I’ll make it.” Had he said funfetti, it would have been a no-go.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
from Pinch of Yum
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups grated carrots
2/3 cup vegetable oil
for the frosting
4 oz cream cheese
4 tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
Soften the butter and cream cheese. Mix together with vanilla until combined, then beat in the powdered sugar until creamy. Set aside.
Combine dry ingredients (including sugar).
Chop the carrots finely using a food processor. Combine with eggs and oil.
Fold together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Pour into a greased or lined muffin tin. Boy-themed cupcake liners optional.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. It should make 12 cupcakes, plus one small ramekin for the chef to test before presenting them as the official birthday dessert.
Wait until they are completely cooled before frosting. Turns out the chef isn’t fancy enough for a real pastry bag.
These are best served cold, which makes them perfect for a summer dessert!
My birthday is in August. I’ll blow out my candles wishing for social skills.
5 Comments Add yours