Disclaimer: Erin wrote this before her trip so that she could post whilst travelling! She knew you’d miss her.
Things I’m concerned about regarding Thailand:
1) I leave in 48 hours and haven’t packed yet. Instead I spent a half hour watching Sophia Grace videos. I need a hype girl.
2) That I’ll have a claustrophobic panic attack on the 15 hour flight. If anyone has a prescription for Ambien and wants to donate a pill or two, I bet Danielle would thank you.
3) Even after $200 + spent on shots, I’ll contract some rare illness. I’m covered for typhoid, Hepatitis A, and malaria but I didn’t spring for Japanese encephalitis since it was $500. If I’m the one in one million travelers that gets it, karma is real.
4) I’ll get kidnapped and sent to the sex trade. Although this one I shouldn’t be too worried about, since the nurse at Passport Health already told me I was too ugly for that.
5) I’ll fall off an elephant or the zip line while traveling through the jungle.
Okay now I’m just bragging.
Of course as you’re reading this, I’m already there. I may be missing sunglasses or underwear, or perhaps be in some foreign hospital with encephalitis. But probably not. So you’re probably still jealous.
If you need comforting, make this dip.
1 brick (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 brick (8 oz) swiss cheese, grated
1/4 cup mayo
3-4 scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
7-8 Ritz crackers, crumbled (plus more for serving)
3-4 slices bacon, crumbled (plus more for snacking)
Combine cheeses and mayo.
Check out that heart healthy bowl. Any recipe that calls for two bricks of cheese is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Chop the scallions and add to the cheese mixture.
Spread in the bottom of a dish, Spode if it’s Christmas and ya got it.
Top with crumbled bacon and crackers.
Bake at 350 for a half hour or until it bubbles. Serve hot with Ritz crackers.
Don’t tell people what’s in it because they’ll think it’s gross. My mom has left the mayo out before, but really nothing is going to make this healthy. This is probably my favorite dip ever. Even better than chicken wing.
That’s right, I said it. Now go get your bacon and cheese cooking and make your family fat and happy.
4 Comments Add yours